Why Redwood copy?

Good question, after all if you search for #freelancecopywriter on Twitter or Linkedin there’s a lot of us out there.

Here’s what I do differently.

At the start of my freelancing career I was lucky enough to find a few clients, all of which were stuck in a rut – they were wanting to grow their business and their visibility but somehow, something wasn’t working.  My first briefs were to rewrite content about their products and services. 

Yes, this is something I can do, but first I had a question.

What do you want to achieve from this piece of writing?  Erm … I want customers to see what I do/what my product is.  That’s all well and good but am I writing this to give your potential customers information or am I writing this to get them to buy your goods or service?

I like to get into people’s heads.  To sell a product or service you need to talk about the problem you identified and why you have the solution.  What are the benefits?  This is what sells.

What’s your story?

I’m now in your head.  I want to learn more about you.  Don’t ever forget that people are nosy, we love to hear about real people.  Believe me when I tell you that even if you think no-one will be interested in your story – they will be.  People buy people and when they get to know you, they will like you and be more receptive to buying from you.

On to social media marketing?

When I was studying to qualify as a social media marketer my aim was to learn enough so I could offer my services and manage social media accounts.  Weirdly, I changed my mind when I did extra research into what works well and what doesn’t. 

When a company outsources all of their social media content where does their personality go?  The outsourcing company won’t be there when you’re taking your dog for a walk, discovered the first daffodil of spring or when you see the most amazing sunrise.  All of these things matter – social media is social.  We like to see the people behind the brand.

Instead I had to rethink what I was going to do with my social media marketing qualification.  I hold workshops advising businesses on how to work the 80:20 rule to the max.  80% should be informative and fun, the remaining 20% should be strategic, driving traffic to your website (you know the one, your site with the fantastic content!).  Let me do the 20% strategic on your behalf - on one condition - you post the personal stuff allowing your clients to get to know the real you.

Call me.

I’d love for you to get in touch so we can work out a plan of action to get you out there.  We can plan how your social media posts can attract the reader to your website, maybe to read a fantastic blog that resonates with them.  Then maybe at the bottom of the blog we can offer a free Ebook download where you showcase your expertise even further in exchange for their email address.  Now we have email addresses from hot leads who would love to hear from you regularly and exclusively through newsletters.

I hope this has got you thinking. 

The possibilities are endless.

Use the contact page to whizz over a message or call me on 07807 346264